Inflammation of the throat - Inflammation of the throat is usually called pharyngitis, the cause is because of the infection in the throat and then become inflamed, the main cause of inflammation of this throat is caused by bacteria while other causes are due to viruses.
Prevention of transmission of sore throat
To prevent your family from getting spread of strep throat try to use eating utensils and drink on your own, such as a glass or spoon, because bacteria can spread even after 2 days of antibiotic use of bacteria can still be contagious, so if your family does not want to be exposed to equipment the one used is separated.
- A sore throat , caused by a virus such as a cold, antibiotics cannot be used to kill the virus, so the treatment of sore throats due to viruses using antibiotics is useless usually doctors will give medication to relieve fever and antipyretic pain relievers or analgesic painkillers.
- Inflammation of the throat , caused by bacteria can be treated with antibiotics but must be in accordance with the doctor's advice usually antibiotics are given for 10 days and it is very important to take antibiotics until they run out even after 2-3 days the condition has improved, because if the antibiotics are not drunk the bacteria will become immune so that it will be difficult to recover later if there is re-illness. Avoid sharing eating and drinking equipment because strep throat can be contagious.
- Drink plenty of warm water to keep the throat moist.
- Avoid consuming spicy, oily and sour foods because it can worsen sore throat.
- Try not to consume cold food or drinks for a while.
- Eat lots of fruits and foods that contain vitamins A, C, E, B1, B6 and folic acid which function to boost the immune system.
- If your voice is experiencing interference, try to rest your voice while reducing speaking.
- Herbal lozenges like candy or other can also help reduce the symptoms of sore throat.
- Gargling warm salt water can reduce swelling and help kill viruses that cause sore throats.
- Avoid smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Garlic contains allicin compounds which play a role in killing bacteria, take small garlic and chew.
- Experiencing sneezing and coughing and then marked with hoarseness.
- The throat feels dry, sore and itchy
- Have a mild fever.
- Swelling of the lymph nodes occurs in the neck.
- The throat hurts when swallowing.
- The throat wall is red with white spots.
- Increased body temperature and shivering body.
- Chicken soup , very helpful as an anti-inflammatory function also prevents the virus from entering the body.
- Lemon juice, mixed with honey , but not mixed with ice, besides containing vitamin C can also cure pain in the throat.
- Bananas , containing vitamin B6, C and potassium are very good for people with sore throat .
- Wheat pasta , in addition to its soft texture also contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, E fiber and iron.